We are pleased to announce that Tax Consulting South Africa’s Thomas Lobban (Co-Author of LexisNexis Expatriate Tax textbook) will give an explanation on how a person that is a “resident” under the Income Tax Act is taxed in South Africa on foreign income and capital gains.
Thomas will provide deep and practical insights regarding:
- the expatriate law change;
- how one may be affected by the change in legislation;
- proactive steps that can be taken to remain compliant and reduce one’s tax liability in South Africa; and
- how to be prepared for provisional tax payment.
The webinar will take you through a step-by-step process on how to apply a Double Tax Agreement in determining the tax residency of an individual.
Attend the webinar and get an in-depth understanding on:
- Tax Protection Strategy: Fundamentals of international tax vs. South African tax;
- Expat Tax Law History: The history and the primary motivations that were not widely reported for the expat tax law change;
- Parliamentary Submission: The submission to Parliament in 2017 on behalf of South Africa expatriates and why the R1m exemption was allowed;
- When is a Double Tax Agreement viable and when not, risks and opportunity; and
- Planning Considerations: Strategy for where Double Tax Agreement relief is not possible.