The webinar comes hot on the heels of the much-publicised new SARS approach to audit South Africans working abroad. It is also a timely webinar as the final provisional tax payment is due to SARS at the end of February 2021.
Presented by Jonty Leon and Thomas Lobban (co-authors of LexisNexis’ Expatriate Tax Textbook), the webinar will focus on addressing specific areas of concern as indicated by South African expats in a recent survey we conducted.
The overall purpose of the webinar is to clear up the misinformation that exists in the market and on social media while addressing your burning questions and ensuring you remain expertly informed and appropriately prepared for the various South African Emigration & Tax law changes.
KEY TOPIC AREAS:
- The new SARS audit approach towards expats;
- Does Financially Emigration truly protect foreign income from South African tax?
- Double Taxation Agreement;
- Tax Exemptions for expatriates;
- Retirement Funds Trapped;
- The final provisional tax payment due at the end of February 2021; and
- #Covid19 Relief: How to practically use the amended 117/60 day rule.
MISCONCEPTIONS & COMMON QUESTIONS ADDRESSED
- If I deregister with SARS, will I be exempt from Expat Tax?
- How can I time my contract start date to make use of two year’s tax exemption?
- I was stuck in RSA during lockdown, how can I use new 117/60 day rule?
- Are Independent Contractors exempt from expat tax?
- Ticking the “non-resident” check box on your tax return will exempt you from RSA tax.