Corporate Tax Training
For standard tax training we only accept engagements for groups larger than 5.
Should you require Tax and Cost to Company training for small, medium and large businesses, click here.
Tax Consulting South Africa provides bespoke tax training solutions for large and medium size companies. Tax risk management cannot be done by the tax manager only. The whole business needs to support the tax compliance and planning strategy. For example, as the financial manager or financial director, it is not possible to keep direct supervision over every tax transaction processed.
The tax training solution ensures that operational employees, albeit in company tax, tax for logistics or purchasing departments, tax for the general finance function, tax for human resources and those responsible for employee remuneration and benefits, are proficient in the areas of tax which impacts their respective area of expertise.
Training in tax is all about practical knowledge, as opposed to highly theoretical knowledge. Our tax training sessions are therefore designed around your specific business needs and tax area of interest, incorporating the business-specific tax related transactions, including working with the tax processes already in place.
We provide basic training to operational staff on, amongst other topics:
• The basics of SARS risks for the business tax crimes, penalties and interest;
• Corporate tax fundamental tax training;
• Depreciation rules;
• Understanding tax accrual review and tax deferred transactions and computations thereof;
• SARS audit approach and audit preparation;
• VAT Zero rating;
• How to perform a VAT input and output reconciliation;
• How to complete a VAT return;
• Supporting document requirements for input tax claims;
• Fundamentals of employee tax computations, employee remuneration and employee benefits;
• SARS employees’ tax audits and the wider risk areas outside personal income tax return;
• Tax dispute resolution processes;
• How to complete an Income Return (ITR14);
• How to complete an IT14SD;
• Understanding VAT, income tax, provisional tax and PAYE statements of account; and
• Tax planning for employees on personal taxes and compliance.
The list above is not exhaustive as every business has different tax issues and different risk areas.
We are Tax Practitioners and Training Providers, with our team including Master Tax Practitioners (the highest professional body accreditation), attorneys, chartered accountants, Certified Payroll Professionals with the South African Payroll Association, Master Reward Practitioners with the South African Reward Association, Registered Financial Service Providers with the FSB and Certified Financial Planners with the Financial Planning Institute.