The British Chamber in South Africa will be hosting the October/November Business Briefing at the Inanda Club in Sandton on Wednesday, 30 October 2019 and at the Brasserie at the Stack in Cape Town on Thursday, 7 November 2019. The events will include a presentation from Jerry Botha, Managing Partner of Tax Consulting South Africa, where he will be tackling the expatriate tax law changes as well as its implications on employers and expatriates.
The event will also include the launch of one of South Africa’s most important pieces of literature, the newly released LexisNexis title, Expatriate Tax: South African Citizens Working Abroad and Foreigners in South Africa, which is authored by Tax Consulting South Africa.
The guide was described by Judge DM Davis, perhaps the most esteemed tax expert on the Bench today, as “essential reading for anyone advising his or her client with regard to the tax consequences of migration.”
Leon Ayo, President of the British Chamber in South Africa, will be the event MC, while Jerry’s presentation will cover:
- The submission to parliament on behalf of South Africa expatriates
- The amended expatriate tax law
- Future planning opportunities for South African expatriates
- Practical examples of how to deal with SARS and manage tax risk
- Expatriate tax in South Africa
- Dealing with concerns surrounding South African citizenship
This is a must attend for all international taxpayers, expatriates, HR and financial managers, specialist tax advisors, financial managers, tax lecturers or scholars of tax.