In this hour, you will gain an overview of expat tax solutions such as Financial Emigration or South African Double Tax Agreement.
When it is viable and when not, along with exploring the risk and opportunities. Common Reporting Standards, criminal offences standards, optimal tax planning and caveat against various tax ‘schemes’ being promoted.
Join us for a webinar focussed on Expat Tax and associated planning considerations (incl. financial emigration), where we will cover:
- Dealing with the fundamentals of international tax vs. South African tax and the principle that South Africans must always have a tax protection strategy;
- The history to the expatriate tax law change and the not widely reported primary motivations for the expat tax law change;
- The submission to Parliament in 2017 on behalf of South African expatriates, why the R1m exemption was allowed, the amended tax law and the remaining technical concerns not addressed by National Treasury and SARS;
- Financial Emigration – when is this viable and when not, criticism and opportunity;
- South African Double Tax Agreements – when is this viable and when not, risk and opportunity;
- Planning considerations where Financial Emigration and / or Double Tax Agreement relief is not possible, including compliance strategy;
- Common Reporting Standards, criminal offences standards, optimal tax planning and caveat against various tax ‘schemes’ being promoted;
- LexisNexis guide on Expatriate Tax.
Thursday, 19 March 2020
11:00 – 12:00
Your PC via Zoom webinar
After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the webinar as well as the webinar link. Please note that bookings are limited to 100 registered delegates.