Recently admitted attorneys, or candidate attorneys who are about to be admitted with an interest in specialising in tax law. The ideal candidate must be self-driven, determined and equipped for a steep learning curve in a fast paced and fast-growing consulting company.
The position does not require experience in tax law, but the position demands a candidate who is willing to invest the time to grasp the subject matter to become a proficient tax attorney. This is an internal and client facing role.
The recruitment process involves preparing a legal opinion on a topic that will be conveyed upon submission of the applicant’s CV. The opinion will not necessarily be assessed on the applicant’s conclusion but is aimed at testing reasoning and research abilities.
If the applicant demonstrates the required skill, he/she will be invited for an interview with the managers of the legal team.
Attending to Client specific matters including:
- Managing own clients.
- Drafting legal opinions.
- Research on various areas of law.
- Advisory and compliance.
- General tax advice.
- Invoicing clients and tracking billables.
- Assisting consultants and other internal staff with legal research.
- Miscellaneous assistance to Line Manager/Director.
- Reviewing opinions and articles drafted by internal staff/attorneys.
- Drafting contract, including internal company contracts on an ad hoc basis.
Send your CV and a detailed cover note stating why you would be a suitable candidate for this role, to Marique Morkel at firstname.lastname@example.org. za
Should you not hear from us within 21 working days, please consider your application unsuccessful.