We are pleased to announce that Tax Consulting South Africa’s Jonty Leon (Co-Author of LexisNexis Expatriate Tax textbook) will again be presenting on #ExpatTax2020. This latest webinar unpacks various misconceptions around #ExpatTax2020 as well as various planning considerations.
This is a timely webinar on the topic, as the first ‘expat’ provisional tax payment is due to SARS in August 2020. Jonty will provide deep and practical insights regarding; a) the expatriate law change; b) how one may be affected by the change in legislation; c) proactive steps that can be taken to remain complaint and reduce one’s tax liability in South Africa; and d) how to be prepared for the first provisional tax payment due in August 2020.
- KEY AREAS OF THE WEBINAR
• Tax Protection Strategy: Fundamentals of international tax vs. South African tax;
• Expat Tax Law History: The history and the primary motivations that were not widely reported for the expat tax law change;
• Parliamentary Submission: The submission to Parliament in 2017 on behalf of South Africa expatriates and why the R1m exemption was allowed;
• Financial Emigration: when is this viable and when not, criticism and opportunity;
• South Africa / Double Tax Agreement: when is this viable and when not, risks and opportunity;
• Planning Considerations: Strategy for where Financial Emigration and / or Double Tax Agreement relief is not possible;
- COMMON QUESTIONS ADDRESSED IN THE WEBINAR
1. When is Double Taxation Agreement relief possible/not possible?
2. How will I be impacted if I decide to retire in South Africa?
3. What taxes need to be paid on rental income you are earning from property in South Africa?
4. Will Financial Emigration break my tax residence and what are the consequences of a “failed emigration”?
5. Will a living allowance be considered as a fringe benefit?
6. How will SARS ever find me?
22 May to 29 May 2020
$15 / +/- ZAR 270
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
You will be directed to PayPal for payment once you have registered through the form below.
If you do not have a PayPal account – do not worry! You can still make an EFT payment through the PayPal portal with your credit/debit card without a PayPal account. Just enter your email address and select “next”. A standard merchant portal will pop up for you to make a secure payment. Please contact Rebecca (email@example.com) if you are unsure how to do this.