South African Rotational Workers #ExpatTax2020 Webinar
We are pleased to announce that Tax Consulting South Africa’s Johnnie Kruger, a Senior Admitted Attorney at Tax Consulting SA will be presenting on South African Rotational Workers #ExpatTax2020. This latest webinar with the aim of providing much needed clarity on the impact of the expat tax law change and possible solutions available.
This is a timely webinar on the topic, as the first ‘expat’ provisional tax payment is due to SARS in August 2020. Johnnie will provide deep and practical insights regarding; a) the expatriate law change; b) how one may be affected by the change in legislation; c) proactive steps that can be taken to remain complaint and reduce one’s tax liability in South Africa; and d) how to be prepared for the first provisional tax payment due in August 2020.
KEY AREAS OF THE WEBINAR
COMMON QUESTIONS ADDRESSED IN THE WEBINAR
• Tax Protection Strategy: Fundamentals of international tax vs. South African tax;
• Expat Tax Law History: The history and the primary motivations that were not widely reported for the expat tax law change;
• Parliamentary Submission: The submission to Parliament in 2017 on behalf of South Africa expatriates and why the R1m exemption was allowed;
• Financial Emigration: when is this viable and when not, criticism and opportunity;
• South Africa / Double Tax Agreement: when is this viable and when not, risks and opportunity;
• Planning Considerations: Strategy for where Financial Emigration and / or Double Tax Agreement relief is not possible;
•When is Double Taxation Agreement relief possible/not possible?
• How will I be impacted if I decide to retire in South Africa?
• What taxes need to be paid on rental income you are earning from property in South Africa?
• Will Financial Emigration break my tax residence and what are the consequences of a “failed emigration”?
• Will a living allowance be considered as a fringe benefit?
• How will SARS ever find me?
DATE: Wednesday, 3 June 2020
TIME: 12:00 to 14:00 (GMT+2)
VENUE: Le Labourdonnais Waterfront Hotel, Port Louis
FEE: $35 / ZAR 650
Method of payment: PayPal
An early bird fee of USD 30 applies for the first 10 registrants.