Tax Residence Certificates for SA Expats: SARS’ way or the highway

Many South African (SA) expats already recognize that the Notice of Non-Resident Tax Status Letter (the letter) is their golden ticket to confirming their cessation of tax residency. A Tax Residence Certificate (TRC) from one’s new country of residence provides substantial evidence that one is now resident for tax purposes in their new country, aiding in allowing them to then cease tax residency in South Africa.

Roxanna Naidoo

Global Partner & Client Engagement

Nikolas Skafidas

Nikolas Skafidas

SARS Tax Compliance and Process Supervisor