DTA KEY TO PROTECTING FOREIGN INCOME
We are pleased to announce that Tax Consulting South Africa’s Thomas Lobban (Co-Author of LexisNexis Expatriate Tax textbook) will be presenting on #ExpatTax2020.
The first ‘expat tax’ provisional payment was due in August 2020 and many South Africans abroad have reached out to us with the need for deeper and more practical insights regarding; a) the expatriate law change; b) how one may be affected by the change in legislation; and c) proactive steps that can be taken to remain complaint and reduce one’s tax liability in South Africa.
- KEY AREAS OF THE WEBINAR
• Tax Protection Strategy: Fundamentals of international tax vs. South African tax;
• Expat Tax Law History: The history and the primary motivations that were not widely reported for the expat tax law change;
• Parliamentary Submission: The submission to Parliament in 2017 on behalf of South Africa expatriates and why the R1m exemption was allowed;
• When is a Double Tax Agreement viable and when not, risks and opportunity;
• Planning Considerations: Strategy for where Double Tax Agreement relief is not possible;
- COMMON QUESTIONS ADDRESSED IN THE WEBINAR
1. When is Double Taxation Agreement relief possible/not possible?
2. How will I be impacted if I decide to retire in South Africa?
3. What taxes need to be paid on rental income you are earning from property in South Africa?
4. Will a living allowance be considered as a fringe benefit?
5. How will SARS ever find me?
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Thomas Lobban, obtained his LLB degree and LLM (tax) degrees from the University of Johannesburg. His focus lies in respect of international tax matters, including the application of Double Tax Agreements, cross-border individual taxation, controlled foreign company rules, transfer pricing regulations, and correct company set up for cross-border business.
Wednesday, 16 September 2020
16:00 – 17:30 GMT+2
ZAR 200 / USD 12
METHOD OF PAYMENT:
You will be directed to PayPal for payment once you have registered through the form below.
If you do not have a PayPal account – do not worry! You can still make an EFT payment through the PayPal portal with your credit/debit card without a PayPal account. Just enter your email address and select “next”. A standard merchant portal will pop up for you to make a secure payment. Please contact Rebecca (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you are unsure how to do this.