BY SPECIAL INVITATION
ANNUAL SARA BUDGET & TAX UPDATE
The Budget 2019/20 is a non-event from a tax increase perspective, with tax tables remaining unchanged (except for the R153 rebate increase per year for everyone). When times are Aloe, the opportunity is there for reward professionals, human resource and payroll practitioners alike, to distinguish themselves by making very strategic and tangible contributions. Whilst ensuring that attendees are fully updated on tax law changes and SARS developments the past year, we will also have a slight change in focus on knowledge sharing and delivering more value to employee reward.
The presentation will cover the following key topics:
- Inflationary drivers included in the Budget, making your employees poorer in real terms.
- With no inflationary tax adjustment, we will compute salary increases where the employer picks-up the fiscal drag.
- New SARS Payroll Audit approach, what you need to have in place and case law rebuttal against this approach.
- The competence of certain SARS publications remains questionable, especially around severance benefits, dealing with planning and compliance on employees leaving.
- Tax law changes after 1 March 2018, including SARS letting bargaining councils off the hook, medical aid credit changes, tax free low interest loans on employee accommodation tax break, transfers between actuarial funds, withdrawals after “financial emigration” and / or expiry of expatriate work visas, retirement planning optimisation and preventing bad retirement planning advice.
- SARS Rulings will cover Employee Tax Incentive changes, tax-free medical aid benefits.
- Update on National Treasury Special Workshop on 6 March 2019, for South African expatriates working abroad, of critical importance for employers of South African outbound expatriates. The problem statement will be noted in Cape Town (pre-workshop) and Durban / Gauteng will be post workshop with full details shared of our attendance.
- Overview of employee tax structuring provisions, flexibility and caution of pitfalls.
The presentation will be done by Jerry Botha, Managing Partner of Tax Consulting South Africa, who has been doing the presentation for the past 12 years.
5 March: CPT | Park Inn By Radisson Newlands at 09:00 – 12:00 | Online Registrations Closed – Register at Event.
7 March: DBN | Durban Country Club at 08:00 – 11:00 | Registrations close 4 March 2019.
12 March: JHB | The Wanderers Club at 12:00 – 14:30 | Limited Space Available.
About Jerry Botha
Jerry holds his own FSB License, is a Master Reward Practitioner and serves on the Executive of the South African Reward Association (SARA). He chairs the SARA Employee Benefit Committee and is a Certified Payroll Practitioner and Tax Practitioner. He is the managing partner of Tax Consulting that specialises in employee remuneration, personal tax, employee benefits, employees’ tax and more complex areas of taxation.
Please Provide Your Details Should You Wish To Attend This Event
[contact-form-7 id=”8067″ title=”Contact Form – SARA 2019 Tax Update”]