The Annual South African Reward Association (“SARA”) Tax and Budget Update 2018 promises to be a must attend event for anyone working with employee remuneration and benefits. It will again be presented by Jerry Botha, a leading tax, remuneration and benefits expert, dealing with the latest tax law changes and with his known approach to deal with the highly practical planning and compliance aspects for employees.
Presentation topics include:
– Budget 2018 inflationary drivers impacting employee increases; tax and medical aid fiscal drag; employee take-home pay examples and will employees have lower take-home pay.
– The new tax rules (and new employer methodology) on employee travel reimbursements with necessary case studies and SARS policy change – which will inform vehicle decision making and company vehicle policies.
– Critically important tax announcement to promote employee housing ownership schemes.
– Expatriate tax exemption update including of SARA’s Parliamentary submission hereon last year for R1m threshold and related expatriate / employer challenges not addressed.
– Proposed tax policy changes on expatriate retirement funding schemes.
– Continued uncertainties on voluntary vs involuntary retrenchments.
– UIF exemption repeal for expatriates and learnerships.
– Employee child bursaries, new R350,000 limit rule and practical implications for executives and high earning employees.
– Relocation costs update; miscellaneous ETI update; fringe benefit tax treatment for employer provided services, including water where day zero approaching; to name a few.